People embrace the idea of karma for the same reasons many embrace religion. To provide a sense of justice in an unfair and cruel world.
At most there are anecdotal instances of karmic justice, as when a bullfighter is gored or a hunter shot. We ascribe such justice to karma. But it is really just the statistical risk of engaging in dangerous activities.
If there really were such a thing as karma it would be ubiquitous. An eye for an eye. No one would be able to inflict more harm than one could suffer. Justice would be universal and the world would make sense. It isn’t and it doesn’t.
If karma existed it would have stopped the Nazi Holocaust as it began. Karma would have dealt with Hitler, Mussolini, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, Lyndon Johnson, George W Bush, and Hillary Clinton. It would have prevented wars in their infancy. Slavery would have ended immediately as the enslavers themselves became slaves. Lynch mobs would have been lynched. Murderers murdered. Animal abusers subjected to the abuses they committed.
The only karma that exists in the world is that which we mete out.
We are Karma.
As we chanted in the streets, fighting for civil rights, “There is no justice. There is just us.”
We live in a police state. We are ruled by a totalitarian capitalist government. Institutionalized racism, perpetual war, animal exploitation and cruelty, is the norm. And it is protected by the government. Attempts to end such horrors are met with government force. The state’s thugs meet the state’s enemies with violence.
Any attempts on our part to mete out karma will be met with violence and prison.
In fact, the only way justice will ever be served is through social revolution and bringing down the state.
This election cycle has increased the chances of revolution. The people are witness to the unresponsiveness of our so called leaders, the power of the oligarchy, the farce of democracy, and the corruption of the government.
Until rebellion is finally possible, we must fan the flames, recruit radicals and revolutionaries, join with our leftist brothers and sisters against war, capitalism, racism, and the political whores and cronies who run our government.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty