I see the Trump presidency as the price we must pay to change the Democratic party.
To be sure, it is an expensive price. But it is necessary if we are ever to have a progressive Democratic party. But in that regard, Trump is a bargain.
In it’s current iteration, the Democratic party is a mouthpiece for Wall Street. It is owned by Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Ag, and the military-industrial complex.
It is a war party. A corrupt party. A party indistinguishable from the Republican establishment.
Hillary Clinton was the poster child of the establishment. She and her sycophants would have strangled any progressive efforts to change the party’s leadership or legislative agenda.
Thankfully, she was defeated.
With Hillary gone, Democrats will have the chance to rebound in 2018 and the chance to nominate and elect a true progressive in 2020.
My choice to lead the party is Bernie Sanders.
I hope he runs in 2020.
If not Bernie, we have Tulsi, Nina, Keith.
Trump has made sure it will not be Hillary.
Thank you, Mr President-elect.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty