In between they were Obama Democrats and even Bernie Sanders Democrats.
That simple realization would have changed the entire election cycle. The lack of understanding of that fact made it impossible for Hillary to win.
The Trump Democrats are not racists. They are not conservatives. They are not ideologues.
They are pragmatic populists. When something is not working, they want it fixed. When they are ignored, they will get your attention. When you screw them over, they will get even.
Trump Democrats were Obama voters in ’08 and ’12, believing in the “change” he promised.
Trump Democrats were Berners in ’16, tired of trade agreements and Wall Street.
They didn’t change their minds in the 2016 general election, they changed their votes to Trump.
They are not respecters of the establishment. They see the establishment as their enemy.
No one was more establishment than was Hillary, and no one was more an outsider than was Trump.
Not rocket science. Human nature. If you keep pissing on people and calling it rain, eventually they are going to throw it back on you in buckets.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty