The Democrats have been a war party since Woodrow Wilson, a hundred years ago. The only Democrat in the last century who did not bomb anyone was Jimmy Carter.
The only real efforts to change the party into one of peace were in 1968 and 1972.
In ’68 it was with the campaigns of Eugene McCarthy and Bobby Kennedy. The anti-war wing of the party was attacked by government thugs at the Democratic convention in Chicago. The establishment coronated Hubert Humphrey.
The only avowed anti-war candidate ever nominated by the Democrats was George McGovern in 1972, although Carter in 1976 was close.
Our Nobel Peace Prize winning president, Barack Obama, has been bombing people in the Middle East for 8 years. His choice to succeed him, Hillary Clinton, threatened war with both Iran and Russia.
The Democratic base has become substantially more liberal than its leadership, as Bernie Sanders soundly demonstrated this year.
But although Sanders voted against the Iraq war, he nonetheless supported most of Obama’s policies in the Middle East, including the murderous drone program aimed at civilians.
The Democratic party may not be salvageable. War and capitalism may be too ingrained to challenge. There may not be enough rank-and-file democratic socialists and opponents of war to wrest control of the party from the Wall Street hacks and political whores who have controlled the party for decades.
But if there were ever a chance, it would be now in the wake of the defeat of Hillary Clinton.
Millennials embraced Sanders and his message of democratic socialism by an astounding 80%!
Never has the prospect of fundamental change in the Democratic party ever been as promising. But key to that change is cleaning out the current Democratic leadership.
A task much easier now without the prospect of an overbearing interventionist Wall Street shill sitting in the Oval Office, able to stack the DNC and thwart progressives at every turn, as Obama did.
Wall Street Democrats have driven the party to the right for decades, with the complicity of progressives who always fell in line behind Democratic nominees for office regardless of their philosophies.
That may have ended for good this year, as progressives resoundingly repudiated Hillary and her Wall Street sycophants.
Wall Street Democrats will not easily relinquish control. Nancy Pelosi is stating that the Democrats do not need to change direction. Clueless pundits are floating Tim Kaine and other Clinton hacks as potential presidential candidates in 2020. The establishment Democrats are circling the wagons, preparing for the inevitable seige.
We need to storm their castle!.
Progressives must prepare for a long struggle, with the conviction to challenge any Democrat who opposed Bernie Sanders. To inflict as much pain on the party hacks as possible. To refuse to back establishment Democrats in general elections.
We must emulate the tactics of the Tea Party, which has been incredibly successful in driving the Republicans to the right.
We must drive the Democrats to the left.
Defeating Hillary was the first step.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty