Animal protection organizations, like all NGOs, rely on the generosity of donors to operate and to survive.
Unfortunately, most animal organizations must pay salaries, leases, rents, telephone, internet, insurance, office supplies, travel, printing, postage, advertising, media buys, television ads, etc, before a dime actually gets spent on programs and campaigns.
Factor in the costs of fundraising, and the animals only receive pennies on the donated dollar.
The larger the organization, the greater the overhead, the larger the salaries, the higher the rents, the greater the expenses for fundraising. The less per donated dollar that ends up working for the animals.
Local rescues and small animal protection organizations are primarily run by volunteers. More of the dollars they receive go to animals and animal programs than do the dollars that are raised by professional fundraising companies for giant, national, bureaucratic organizations.
When you give $20, be sure it actually buys a sack of dog food. Make sure your $30 neuters a cat, your $50 spays a dog, rather than having it pay some bureaucrat to sit at a desk for an hour.
Better yet, buy a trap and capture feral cats, neuter and release them. Feed homeless dogs, free animals in shelters, foster and rehome them, Or, you could line the pockets of those in the fundraising business.
If you support animal rights, you could donate to the Nonhuman Rights Project, one of the only true animal rights organizations in the world. Or you could support this blog, Armory of the Revolution, the most radical animal rights blog on Earth.
Please do something. Please help. Please put you money where your heart is.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty