“Popping out” babies is an Americanism for giving birth, for the edification of my friends around the globe.
Whatever China’s faults, the Chinese are enlightened, and leading the world in population control. China’s policy of one child per family should be embraced by every government on Earth.
Human population is surging toward 8 billion people. The environmental costs of such a world population are catastrophic. While some people tread more lightly upon the Earth than do others, most of the world’s people live under capitalism, an economic system that ensures people tread very heavily upon the Earth. Capitalism is the author of almost all environmental destruction, almost all animal cruelty, exploitation, and death, almost all poverty and human suffering.
The Catholic church is one of the worst enemies of our planet. It’s teachings against birth control and abortion results in huge families in Third World nations, exacerbating poverty, pollution, and environmental plunder.
Sex education is similarly abjured by Islam and fundamentalist Christians. As is abortion.
These religions are concerned with the unborn, but ignore the plights of those children already born.
There are millions of children around the world who need families. Parents to love, parents to care for them, stability and safety in their lives.
But most people want their own biological offspring, not someone else’s children. And that selfishness borders on the criminal.
Animal activists understand that life is not to be valued by whom we are related to. All sentient life is precious. Companion animals can mean as much to a family as does any family member. And so can adopted children.
Back in the day I was active with Zero Population Growth (ZPG). I chose not to have any biological children of my own. I adopted my son.
Just as we implore people “Don’t shop, adopt” to reduce the number of animals killed in municipal death camps, we should also be imploring people “Don’t pop, adopt” to avoid an ever growing population of animal consumers and environmental parasites.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty