Donald Trump takes office owing no one anything. Unlike every president since Teddy Roosevelt, Trump has no masters.
He funded his own primary campaign. He was attacked by both the Republican and Democratic establishments. All three living ex-presidents opposed him, as did every living former Republican nominee. He took on Wall Street, the banks, the military-industrial complex, the pharmaceutical lobby, the multi-national corporations. He has promised universal healthcare, an end to military belligerence, rebuilding America’s crumbling infrastructure, rebuilding the inner-cities, ending or renegotiating our trade agreements.
Trump has the potential to be another FDR.
Democrats seem oblivious to this basic fact: On policy matters, Trump is closer to progressive Democrats than he is to the right wing base of the Republican party.
Trump’s call for massive investment in infrastructure is as ambitious as anything Bernie Sanders has proposed. Trump wants to rebuild roads, bridges, rail lines, airports. He wants to remake the inner cities, build and renovate schools.
If all his proposals were to be realized, Trump could rival FDR’s New Deal in creating jobs and putting America to work.
There may be stupider people in the world than Democrats who are attacking Trump personally, but none jump to mind.
We should be going after Trump’s nominees, not Trump.
We should be attacking the Republican platform, not Trump.
We should be grateful we have Trump as president. It could have been so much worse.
We could have had any other Republican.
We could have had Hillary.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty