What, exactly is accomplished by the anti-Trump protests?
After winning a mandate in the Electoral College, Trump would hardly cave to a few thousand (or even a few hundred thousand) malcontents in the streets.
With a Republican House and Senate, Trump has the political imperative to shape American domestic and foreign policy.
The midterm elections are well over a year away. Trump will not face the voters for almost four years.
Trump is unimpressed by marchers and protesters.
So what is all the hysteria about? Who benefits by all the noise?
Wall Street, Goldman Sachs, Charles Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic establishment benefit!
So long as everyone is bitching about Trump, no one bitching about the corrupt Democratic leadership can be heard.
Wall Street Democrats hope the Democratic rank-and-file will become swept up in the anti-Trump hysteria. That they will forget just how out of touch the Democratic leadership is with the Democratic membership.
They hope to build a huge consensus on immigration and women’s issues so one of their Wall Street whores can win the nomination in 2020.
They hope we will forget just how much we disagree with them on so many issues.
We must fight them on trade, on war, on military belligerence, on GMOs, on universal healthcare, on drones, on murdering civilians, on corporate welfare, on pipelines, on drilling, on coal mining, on Big Oil. Big Pharma, on Wall Street, on the Big Banks.
Just because Democratic hacks say nice things about minorities and women doesn’t mean they are our friends or share our interests.
Wall Street Democrats are worse than is Trump.
And the only way we can ever effectively oppose Trump is with a progressive candidate (like Bernie Sanders or Nina Turner) in 2020.
If we cannot take over the Democrats, Trump will serve for 8 years.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty