Donald Trump does not give a shit about animals. Although he doesn’t hunt, he has raised two animal serial killers. He owned a steak company. He showers his wife with furs. I wouldn’t trust him with the life of an animal any farther than I could throw him.
But on his worst day, Trump is doing more for animals than has any president since Lyndon Johnson. (Johnson signed the Animal Welfare Act over 50 years ago, the high water mark of animal concerns.)
Trump is almost single-handedly responsible for killing the Trans Pacific Partnership. In doing so, some five or six billion fewer animals will be raised and slaughtered each year compared to predicted TPP levels.
Trump’s immigration ban is causing havoc in the slaughter industries. Big Ag depends on unskilled immigrant labor to kill and process animals trapped in the food system. Cutting off the supply of illegal immigrants will cause Big Ag to have to pay living wages to domestic workers, driving up their costs in the process, and ultimately increasing consumer prices for meat and driving down demand.
Trump’s motivations are unimportant to the animals that are saved.
While I would prefer a vegan, animal friendly, president like Dennis Kucinich would have been, Donald Trump is far and away a better choice than was Hillary Clinton or any of the other Republican contenders.
I am sure Bernie Sanders would have been a better president than Trump, but Trump was certainly the second choice of the animals.
We may have the chance to elect Sanders as president in 2020, or one of his political heirs. But if the Democrats nominate another Wall Street whore, Donald Trump will again be the better choice for the animals.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty