Instead of merely posting status updates on Facebook, I am now also posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought of the Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Submission
A reader posted this comment on the Armory blog:
It is intellectually dishonest to try to reduce the issue to one between “progressive Democrats” and “Wall Street Democrats.” Creating a nasty label to paper over legitimate disagreements is not what good Democrats do. Most of us who oppose the Sanders faction have nothing to do with Wall Street. We are alarmed by your tendency toward trashing other activists and rejecting compromise and coalition. The day Sanders called Planned Parenthood “establishment” was the day I knew he didn’t understand the movement he wanted to lead.
Which “legitimate differences” would those be? Representing donors over voters? Taking money from Big Banks, Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big Ag? Protecting the one percent instead of the 99%? Supporting fracking, pipelines, Arctic drilling against the environment? Shilling for the healthcare insurers rather than supporting universal healthcare? Killing people with drones versus not? Imposing regime changes on countries we have no business bombing or invading?
And as for Planned Parenthood, it would be difficult to make the case that it is not a part of the establishment. It is supported by the entire Democratic establishment, and in turn it supports Democratic hacks. It is a multi-million dollar bureaucracy that is part of the DC landscape and receives funding from the federal government and most states.
Nothing intellectually dishonest about proclaiming that the emperor has no clothes, and that the corporate Democrats who are bought and paid for by lobbyists are no better than the Republicans. My position is that they are substantially worse, as they masquerade as liberals
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.