Unless Democrats can win enough state houses and legislative chambers to undo the gerrymandering that Republicans pulled off in 2010, control of the House will remain in the hands of Republicans for another decade. And right now, it appears that the Democrats will fall quite short in the 2018 midterm elections.
The only possibility of Democratic success will be in the 2020 general elections. With a strong enough Democratic presidential candidate, the possibility of Democrats retaking governorships and state legislatures could mean Democratic control of the House of Representatives through 2032. And even more importantly, the election of a Democratic president,
If the Democrats run another Wall Street Whore (male or female) in 2020, Trump will retain those disaffected Democrats in the Rust Belt who were responsible for his winning the presidency.
Those disaffected Democrats who handed Trump the White House were pissed off Bernie Sanders voters.
And if a Wall Street hack is the Democratic nominee, they will still be pissed of in 2020.
And like in 2016, they will punish the Democrats for embracing Wall Street over Main Street. They will punish the Democrats for a Republican foreign policy. They will punish the Democrats for international trade agreements. They will punish the Democrats for advocating a constant state of war. They will punish the Democrats for serving the 1%. They will punish the Democrats for abandoning the middle class. They will punish the Democrats for selling their souls to Wall Street lobbyists.
Few Democratic strategists would take issue with that political truism.
So why isn’t the Democratic establishment welcoming progressives with open arms?
Why aren’t progressives being placed in positions of authority and influence within th party?
Why was a Wall Street hack made chair of the DNC?
The answers are as simple as they are obvious.
The Democrats are more interested in their donors than they are interested in policy.
The Democratic leadership is circling the wagons to protect their bribes.
They would rather lose to the Republicans than lose their donors.
The Democratic party’s official, if unstated, purpose is to keep progressives in check. That mission is more important to the Democratic establishment than is policy or ideology.
Meanwhile, the Republican establishment is dedicated and committed to dismantling government regulations and lowering taxes on the wealthy.
Neither party is attractive to progressives.
There are few, if any, progressive Republicans. But progressive Democrats easily outnumber corporate Democrats. There is a reasonable possibility of progressives commandeering the Democratic party.
What stand in the way are incumbent political hacks. So long as they are in office they will control the party. And they will continue to do the bidding of Wall Street and their donors rather than act in the interests of their voters and constituents.
If progressives are ever to win the White House and control Congress, they must avail themselves of the most practical and expedient path to victory.
We must take over the Democratic party.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty