A third party cannot win the presidency. EVER. Simple math and the Electoral College prevent it. The only shot progressives have is taking over the Democrats or wounding them so badly that a SECOND party emerges.
We can’t wound them by running away. We must weaken them in primaries and vote Republican in the generals.
I understand the frustration of many progressives who gave their hearts and souls to the Sanders campaign. They saw the treachery of the DNC, the rigged primaries, the contempt of the Wall Street Democrats, the heartbreak of Bernie endorsing the Whore of Wall Street, the refusal of the Democratic establishment to acknowledge that they are responsible for President Trump.
Each is ample reason to give the finger to the Democratic party and the assholes who run it.
While such a gesture feels good in the moment, it actually helps the corporate scumbags who control the party and hurts progressive prospects for the future.
Every progressive who remains a Democrat is a thorn in the side of corporate Democrats.
Each is a primary vote against them. Each is a potential primary challenger. Each is a problem of epic proportions. Each can winnow other Democrats away from their candidates. Each can put a Republican in office in their place.
We progressives are their worst nightmare so long as we remain in the party.
What they would have us do is leave.
Progressives outside the party are harmless. They are gadflies. Kooks. Jokes.
Progressives within the Democratic party are guerillas. They are to be feared.
And I cannot think of a better motivation than to strike fear into the hearts of Hillary, Schumer, Pelosi, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Perez, and the rest of the scumbags trying to keep the Democratic party a wholly owned subsidiary of Goldman Sachs and Monsanto.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty