Instead of merely posting status updates on Facebook, I am now also posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought of the Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Submission
I oppose both hunting and slaughter. The fact that hunting can be less cruel is not a persuasive reason to justify it. Hunting is the exact opposite of the role predators play in nature. Predators generally take the weak, old, and diseased before they take the strong and healthy prey. Hunters, on the other hand, take the biggest and the strongest, which results in population explosions in herds. That is why there are more deer today than when Columbus landed. On top of which, the Dept of Agriculture’s Wildlife Services (a wholly owned subsidiary of the cattle industry) kills off any predators that cattle ranchers consider a threat to their profits, meaning the murders of wolves, coyotes, bear, mountain lions, etc. Leading the push for predator control is the NRA, gun nuts, arms manufacturers, retailers, outfitters, guides, and taxidermists.
And scumbag Republican legislators looking for cruelty votes.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.