Instead of merely posting status updates on Facebook, I am now also posting each apothegm, thought, observation, and witticism, here, as a Thought of the Day.
Status updates on Facebook disappear into the ether and cannot be relocated by readers.
Before you leave, please take a moment to follow this blog by clicking on Follow in the upper right sidebar.
Readers are welcome to contribute thoughts, apothegms, observations, and witticisms. Attribution will be given for any we publish. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Submission
Back in the day we thought revolution was just around the corner. The US government was killing hundreds of Americans each week in Viet Nam, and murdering thousands of Vietnamese peasants. The Air Force was “tossing the salad,” dropping napalm and agent orange on the jungles, killing the animals and destroying the forests.
Body bags were unloaded every day on the evening news. Villagers were slaughtered, jungles were burned, innocents were killed. American blood was being spent every single day.
All those Americans and Vietnamese died so American munitions manufacturers could continue to make money off producing weapons of war.
Today, the military-industrial complex is being obscenely enriched as we murder millions overseas. The press is banned from filming body bags of Americans killed in service of Grumman, Lockheed, Boeing, Raytheon, Haliburton, and all the other merchants of death who own our government and direct our foreign policy.
And revolution is even farther away than it was five decades ago when we marched against war.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.