While Perez, Pelosi, Schumer, and other establishment Democratic hacks are posturing, defending Clinton, attacking Russian influence in the election, and ignoring Sanders voters, a quiet revolution is occurring in the grass roots of the Democratic party.
The shock troops of Bernie Sanders’ political revolution are slowly and inexorably taking over the party at the local level.
From the East Coast to California, Berners are challenging Hillary hacks for positions as county committee members, precinct captains, and ward leaders. The party is being forcibly changed in skirmishes in union halls, church basements, and living rooms.
Unreported by the press, ignored by pundits, and dismissed by party leaders, the rank and file are fundamentally changing the party.
The change is issue driven and philosophical. It is progressivism versus neoliberalism.
The left versus the center.
Sanders supporters versus corporate Democrats.
The future versus the past.
It is the beginning of the end of the Democratic establishment.
2018 will see the largest number of primary challengers in history. And whether successful or not, the Democratic party will never be the same again.
We witnessed a similar dynamic which fundamentally changed the Republican party over the last 30 years of the 20th Century.
The transformation of the Democratic party will occur much more quickly.
It is unlikely that the Democrats will ever again nominate a corporate Democrat for president. Every political hack who supported Hillary Clinton will be a pariah. Rank and file Democrats approve of Bernie Sanders by an overwhelming 80%. And there are precious few rank and file Democrats who have any philosophical ties to the corporate establishment, Wall Street, or the Clinton machine.
But most importantly, corruption and political bribes do not seep down to the precinct levels where Bernie’s revolution is taking place.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty