Behind every law are the guns of the state pointed at the citizenry.
Law is the justification for the existence of the state and the excuse for the state to use force and incarceration against the people.
Laws have nothing to do with justice, fairness, morality, or ethics. They are merely proof that a bunch of politicians agreed on something at a point in time.
And those politicians act out of political self interest, pandering to donors or constituents. Justice and morality have no hold on politicians.
Many of the greatest crimes in history were legal.
Burning witches was legal. Slavery was legal. Child labor was legal. Women as chattel was legal. The Nazi Holocaust was legal. Banning women from owning property and voting was legal. Jim Crow was legal. Segregation was legal.
Those who opposed those outrages were outlaws. Criminal dissidents. Enemies of society and the state. Liberals.
They changed the laws by violating the laws.
They placed their sense of justice above their respect for the state.
They were seditious.
They were revolutionaries.
Today, the greatest crime in all of history is not only legal, it is a multi-billion dollar industry, subsidized and protected by the state.
The Animal Holocaust claims as many victims every ten minutes as the Nazi Holocaust did over 8 years.
Sixty billion sentient creatures are murdered every year for their flesh.
Calves dismembered alive, pigs boiled alive, chicks ground up alive.
Horrors too unfathomable to be believed. Horrors condoned by society, by governments, by religions. By our families, friends, neighbors.
They pretend they are not responsible, just as German citizens pretended to be blind to the horrors they allowed to occur.
And the excuse is always the same.
It is legal.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.