In the US, any revolution will be waged against the local police. The police are the shock troops of the state, the first line of defense for the government.
Only if revolution appears on the verge of success will a state’s National Guard be deployed. And then the US Army.
There are well over half a million local police across the country, each armed, each ready, able, and sworn to shoot down any of us who would overthrow the capitalist state and it’s corrupt institutions.
It is unlikely that there will ever be half a million armed insurgents to equal man for man the government thugs willing to kill and die for the state.
The success of revolution is predicated on local police being reluctant to murder their families, friends, neighbors, schoolmates.
There are many who will relish using force and violence against others. We are all too familiar with police atrocities against people of color, especially unarmed people of color.
The authorities defend such crimes as the aberrant actions of a relative handful of bad cops. Curiously, those bad cops are rarely charged, and even less frequently disciplined or punished.
Even if the number of bad cops were only ten percent, over 50,000 bullies with guns and badges are roaming American streets and neighborhoods. Fifty thousand psychos willing to shoot down unarmed people first and ask questions later. If only one percent are bad, there are over 5,000 murderers waiting to kill with impunity.
While those 50,000 cops are the sworn enemies of people of color, political progressives, demonstrators, free thinkers, and revolutionaries, some 500,000 cops are decent, moral people who might hesitate to beat or kill their fellow citizens.
The extent of that hesitation could mean the success or failure of revolution.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.