Trump cost the slaughter industries in the US billions of dollars by killing the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP). Cattle ranchers, slaughterhouses, feedlot operators, meat packers, etc, were set to make billions of dollars under the TPP. Estimates were that some five billion animals per year would be slaughtered and sold to markets in TPP member countries.
Trump’s latest Big Ag deal with China is a disappointment, but not a surprise. The most Trump has done for animals, and will ever do, was to reject the TPP. In doing so he saved more animals from being bred, enslaved, and murdered, than 400 TIMES the number of animals saved by the animal movement over the past 50 years.
Quite an achievement, but it was not done for the animals. Trump did it for politics. Just as for politics he has approved China selling us cooked chickens and US meat packers selling China beef.
Cattle ranchers, meat packers, etc., were terrified the TPP would be killed by Trump. They supported Hillary.
If Hillary were president, she would have approved the same deal with China.
Trump is throwing them a bone. Practicing politics. Playing the game.
Disappointing. But not a bit surprising.
And he is still preferable to what we would have gotten under Hillary.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.