There has not been a significant piece of pro-animal legislation since the Animal Protection Act was adopted 50 years ago.
Because the industries that exploit, enslave, and murder animals own Congress.
Members of Congress and Senators have been bribed with campaign donations and gifts. They represent Big Ag and Big Pharma, not the voters who elected them.
We fully expect the Republicans to place profits above animals. They are proud, unapologetic capitalists.
That the Democrats, supposedly a party of compassion and social justice, are selling out the animals for their 30 pieces of silver makes them the animals’ greater enemy.
The goal of progressives is to defeat corporate Democrats.
As animal activists, our task is to defeat any Democrat who accepts bribes from the slaughter and vivisection industries.
Such a strategy dovetails perfectly with the goals of Bernie Sanders’ progressive wing of the Democratic party in primaries that will occur in 2018 and 2020
Animal activists should take the strategy a step further and vote to defeat any corporate Democrats in the generals.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty