In 2016, the corporate Democrats thought they were going to win the nomination with Hillary, but Bernie Sanders was posing a serious challenge to the establishment kingmakers. In response, they touted “Vote Blue, No Matter Who,” to appease disgruntled progressives and to give the appearance of even-handedness and a willingness to work with progressives.
Enough progressives recognized that Hillary and her Wall Street owners were as dangerous, perhaps more so, than was Trump. Democrats in the Rust Belt rejected Hillary’s trade policies and handed the presidency to the Republicans.
2020 promises to be a repeat of 2016 if corporate Democrats nominate another Clintonite. If progressives cannot be persuaded to support a corporate Democrat against Trump, he will win another term.
So the corporate Democrats are trotting out another strategy to drum up as much hysteria as possible against Trump. Calling him a racist, a fascist, a xenophobe, a second coming of Hitler, etc. Anything to cause the political left to consider Trump far worse than is any corporate Democrat.
Their game plan for 2020 is “Anybody But Trump.”
The progressives’ game plan must be “Anyone But a Corporate Democrat.”
Corporate Democrats offer no substantive improvement over Republican policies on climate change, Wall Street, private money in politics, bribes of government officials, support for big banks, Big Oil. Big Ag, Big Pharma, the healthcare lobby, the military-industrial complex, military adventurism, endless wars, and a foreign policy of empire.
Only progressive Democrats threaten the status quo.
And the biggest impediment to changing the status quo is not Trump or the Republicans.
The biggest impediment to changing the status quo is the corporate Democratic leadership and their Wall Street owners.
ANYONE BUT A CORPORATE DEMOCRAT IN 2020
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty