While Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders agree on most policy matters, there is a deep divide between them on political strategy
I live in California, and voted for Jill in the general election last year. I did so because I thought progressives would flock to her after Bernie was cheated out of the Democratic nomination, and Jill was far preferable to a war criminal or a xenophobic racist.
While I expected Trump to win, I was shocked that Jill was rejected even more substantially than was Hillary.
Were there ever a scenario that should have favored Jill Stein, it was the political landscape of 2016.
The performance of the Greens in 2016 should lay to rest any expectations that a third party can ever compete in the presidential sweepstakes.
Indeed, the Electoral College makes any third party effort doomed from the outset.
To win the presidency, the US Constitution requies that a candidate for president receive an outright majority of Electoral votes or the race is decided in the House of Representatives. As there is not a single third party member of the House, the presidential efforts of Greens, Libertarians, Socialists, et al, are a waste of time and energy.
The stacked deck progressives face in the Democratic party is nothing to the stacked deck progressives face in building and electing a third party.
All of which leads me to advocate taking over the Democratic party, a strategy that Bernie Sanders is exhorting his followers to pursue.
taking over the Democratic party, a strategy that Bernie Sanders is exhorting his followers to pursue.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty