The Common Law doctrine of acting in defense of others allows the use of whatever appropriate force is necessary to prevent harm or death to another. One may use deadly force to prevent someone from killing another person.
The victim could be an imbecile or someone in a vegetative state. The perpetrator could be another Einstein or Schweitzer.
No allowances are made for the intellect of either.
The law so values human life that it permits extinguishing the life of anyone threatening it, without regard to the intellect, or even the sentience, of the supposed victim.
The test is whether or not the victim is human. It has nothing to do with the intelligence of the victim, the awareness of the victim, the ability of the victim to empathize with others or their ability to experience suffering.
A blastocyte is protected, but a mother anguishing over her non-human babies is not.
An hospital patient who is brain dead is accorded respect and protection while a conscious, feeling creature of another species is not.
Someone brings a knife to a human baby, they can be shot. Someone brings a knife to a puppy, calf, lamb, or kitten, and the rescuer would spend their life in prison.
Law does not serve animals. Nor does it tolerate animal rescuers and liberationists.
For animal advocates, law is a fiction that must be opposed and destroyed.
Or changed in the wake of revolution.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty