All human legal systems provide for, acknowledge, and support the ownership of our fellow Earthlings by humans. Unless, of course they also are human.
Since climbing out of the trees a quarter million years ago, people have owned people until just 150 years ago.
Animal ownership is a prerequisite to animal exploitation. Almost all cruelty to animals is carried out against animals that are owned by their abusers and killers.
The entire Animal Holocaust (the most horrific reign of terror in history) could not occur without animal ownership.
The end of ownership of animals is well below the horizon. And it can not end without ending the legal and economic systems under which it is permitted and thrives.
I am a lawyer, but I do not respect human law.
Human law is human-biased. Anthrocentric. Blind to other species.
Law does not recognize Animal Rights, nor does it treat other species as worthy of protection from exploitation, slavery, or murder.
All human legal systems acknowledge the right of one to defend another human, to use whatever force is necessary to end the threat of injury or death. No such doctrines exist to defend animals against attack.
Such a doctrine to defend animals should exist.
Current legal theory is at odds with compassion, justice, and reason.
I believe we should be legally able to shoot a hunter about to kill a deer, to subdue a slaughterhouse worker about to kill a cow; to kill a poacher hunting elephants, rhinos, tigers, etc.
I believe that members of the boards of directors of Big Ag, Big Pharma, Big Oil, and the Big Banks, are as guilty of murder as were Hitler’s inner circle.
I believe that people who consume animals are as culpable as are those who shoot cows in the head, slit the throats of lambs, or decapitate chickens.
I believe full scale revolution against those who kill animals is not only justified, but is a moral imperative.
When law does not protect the oppressed, when it becomes a weapon of the oppressor, when justice is not available to the enslaved and the exploited, so are born the rights of revolt and revolution.
We long ago crossed the threshold.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave. There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty.