On the matter of vegan recruits vs carnist births, I arrive at my conclusion that the latter is gaining on the former through inductive reasoning.
Annual world population growth is about 1% or 80 million new carnists per year.
While veganism is growing in a few industrialized countries like the US, the UK, Germany, Australia, and in Israel, little or no statistical data is available for Asia and the Third World.
We can measure veganism as a percentage of population in Europe, North America and Australia fairly easily, and find ethical vegans comprise less than one percent. If we extrapolate those findings to the entire world population (a very generous assumption) we note that veganism is marginally declining against the world population. Marginally declining is the very best case scenario! It means we are losing under the best circumstances!
As there is a reasonable correlation between veganism and animal activism, we can presume that an absence of animal activism in a nation suggests that there is also a lack of veganism. Making that leap in logic allows us to conclude that a growth in veganism only occurs in nations with the presence of active animal movements.
If we assume that veganism is a statistical anomaly in countries lacking active animal movements, the number of vegans is closer to 0.2% of world population, meaning that each year carnists are adding five times the total world vegan population.
• I am unaware of any other blog with the Armory’s mission of radicalizing the animal movement. I certainly hope I am not alone, and that there are similar sentiments being expressed by comrades unknown to me.
If you know of other blogs dedicated to animal rights and the defeat of capitalism, please comment with a link.
• Be sure to follow the Armory and share it with your Facebook friends and email contacts, as well as on Twitter, Google, and all other social media platforms. Our influence and effectiveness is dependent upon you!
• If you are not already subscribed to the Armory, please do so before you leave.
There’s a button to Follow us in the upper right sidebar.
• Be sure to visit Armory of the Revolution’s new commissary and bookstore: The Supply Depot
You will find recommended reading on Animal Rights, revolutionary theory, politics, economics, religion, science, and atheism. There is also a section of supplies for animal liberationists, hunt saboteurs, and social revolutionaries. This is all brand new, and we will be adding lots more merchandise in the near future!
• Feel free to comment. I encourage open discussion and welcome other opinions. I moderate comments because this blog has been attacked by hunters and right wing trolls. I approve comments that are critical as well as those which agree with me. Comments that I will not tolerate are those that are spam, threatening, disrespectful, or which promote animal abuse and cruelty